HARMONICS® FLOORING LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY FOR RESIDENTIAL USE
Harmonics® laminate flooring products come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty1. This Lifetime Warranty covers defects in material and/or workmanship which relate to joint integrity, staining, fading, wear and moisture resistance2 during normal residential use.
The Harmonics® Uniclic® locking system will not fail3.
Harmonics® flooring will resist staining.
Harmonics® flooring will resist fading from exposure to sunlight or artificial light.
Harmonics® flooring wear layer will not wear through the design layer.
Harmonics® flooring will resist water damage4.
To qualify for any repair or replacement, you will need to provide the original dated sales receipt or other documentation to demonstrate proof of purchase.
For your records, fill in the following information and keep in a safe place with your original documentation.
Costco Store Number: ___________________________________________
Costco Store Address ___________________________________________
Purchase Date ___________________________________________
Product Name ___________________________________________
General Terms and Conditions for Laminate Warranties
Harmonics® brand flooring carries the specific warranties listed above. In addition to the requirements specified for each of those particular warranties, the following general terms and conditions also apply. If you have questions regarding the warranty information, please contact the manufacturer, retailer or our website www.harmonics-flooring.com.
- This warranty applies only to the first owner and the first installation of the product and may not be transferred. The “first owner” is the person stated as the buyer on the purchase document(s). This warranty applies only to first quality Harmonics® brand product purchases made after the edition date of these warranty conditions for the designated time period when the product is installed in a private residence.
- This product warranty only applies to defects inherent to the material supplied. This means any material or production defects, acknowledged by the manufacturer. It includes the delamination or reduced resistance of the wear layer, but does not include, in bevelled-edge products, wear along the edges of the panels less than 3/16” (5mm) from the edge. Harmonics® Flooring will repair or replace the product, at its option. When replacement of the flooring is made, only new panels from the current product range at the time the complaint is upheld will be supplied by the distributor or retailer. There will be no other form of compensation. Responsibility under this warranty only applies to hidden defects. These are defects that were not visible before or during the installation of the laminate floor. If the product was originally professionally installed, Harmonics® Flooring will cover reasonable labor costs. Harmonics® Flooring can never be held liable and is not responsible for any secondary damage.
- The lifetime locking warranty on the Uniclic® joint only applies to open joints greater than 0.01 inches (0.2mm).
- This warranty applies only to first quality Harmonics® brand product installed according to the manufacturer’s recommended installation instructions in indoor residential spaces. We recommend using the approved Harmonics® Uniclic® accessories as they have been specifically designed and tested for use with Harmonics® flooring panels. The use of accessories other than Harmonics® accessories might cause damage to the Harmonics® floor. In such cases, the warranty provided by Harmonics® will be void. Proof of compliance with the installation and maintenance instructions recommended by the manufacturer must be provided if a claim is filed. The instructions may also be viewed at www.harmonics-flooring.com. If installation is not performed by the end user, at least one copy of the installation and maintenance instructions and this residential warranty must be provided to the end user by the installer.
- This warranty does not apply to laminate flooring that has been put to abnormal use or conditions or abused in any way. “Abnormal use or conditions” includes, but is not limited to, water damage from plumbing, storm or flood; damage from smoke, fire or other casualty events; damage caused by negligence, improper alterations of the original manufactured product. “Abuse” is any use of the flooring that is unreasonable considering the normal and expected uses of a laminate floor in a residential environment. The damage to the product must be evident, measuring per product unit (panel, accessory, etc.) at least 1.40 square centimeter or 0.5 square inch, and must not be the result of abusive, abnormal conditions or accidents, such as but not limited to, damage of a mechanical nature, severe impact or scratches (caused by dragging objects or furniture) or cutting. The feet of furniture must always be covered with appropriate protective material. Chairs, sofas or furniture with castors must be fitted with soft rubber wheels. An adequate protective mat or protective castor cups must be put under this furniture.
- A suitable mat or sufficiently large transition area at the entrance door(s) must be used to prevent sand and/or dust from damaging the flooring.
- This warranty does not apply to damage from exposure to extreme heat, dryness, water saturation or stains as a result of chemical or industrial products (other than recommended cleaning products). The floor may not be installed in damp and/or humid areas, in extremely dry areas or areas where there are extremely high temperatures (such as saunas or swimming pool areas).
- This warranty excludes damage caused by water, including but not limited to natural disasters (i.e. floods), naturally occurring conditions/accidents (i.e. appliance and plumbing failures), urine or standing water (water that remains on the floor longer than 30 minutes). The water resistance warranty does not apply to products that are less than 8mm thick (not including attached pad) and does not apply to bevelled edge products when used in bathrooms.
- This warranty excludes damage caused by water or moisture trapped beneath the floor due to improper sub-flooring or underlayment including but not limited to damage from hydrostatic pressure (water or moisture under the floor that is transmitted to the surface through exerted pressure) or other conditions that result in water or moisture being below the floor.
- This warranty excludes damage caused by moisture left on the floor (or on or around the skirting boards, wall base or profiles), cleaning that is too wet and/or the use of inappropriate cleaning products. Prolonged water exposure could damage your laminate flooring.
- Flooring panels or accessories must be checked carefully for material defects before and during installation and under sufficient lighting. Products with visible defects must not be installed under any circumstances. The retailer must be informed in writing of such defects within 15 days. After this time has elapsed, no further complaints will be accepted. Color and gloss issues resulting from material added to an existing installation at a later date and non- warranty repairs are excluded from coverage.
- Under no circumstances will Harmonics® Flooring be responsible for any loss of time, inconvenience, expenses, costs or other consequential damages caused by or resulting directly or indirectly from a problem about which a claim was made.
- Harmonics® Flooring OFFERS NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAN THE ONE DESCRIBED HEREIN, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR SUITABILITY OF THE PRODUCT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NO OTHER REMEDIES SHALL BE AVAILABLE EXCEPT FOR THOSE PROVIDED HEREIN. Some states or countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- The general warranty and the Uniclic® warranty periods are both pro rata . A pro rata warranty is one that provides for a refund or credit that decreases according to a set formula as the warranty period progresses. The Harmonics original warranty value is reduced by the amount of time that you own it. When a claim is made, the value of the warranty becomes a percentage of ownership per year based upon 35 years for the general warranty and on the integrity of the Uniclic® joint. Any services provided as part of this warranty do not extend the original warranty period. If the product for which a claim is made is no longer available, the customer will be able to choose a Harmonics® laminate flooring product of equal value from the current product range.
- If there is a conflict between these general terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the warranties as specified, the terms and conditions of the warranties as specified shall control.